4 boneless chicken breasts (about 2 pounds), cut into 1-inch chunks
Flour for dredging
Olive oil or vegetable oil for frying
1/2 tablespoon salt
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
3 tablespoons ketchup
6 ounces frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
1/4 cup brown sugar
1. In a small bowl, mix the orange juice, brown sugar, vinegar, salt and ketchup.
2. Pour flour into a shallow bowl or baking pan. Add chicken chunks and roll in flour to coat.
3. Pour oil into a skillet. When oil is hot, add chicken. Brown the chicken on all sides (meat does not have to be completely cooked).
4. Transfer chicken to crockpot. Cover it with liquid mixture.
5. Cook on low for 5-6 hours or on high for 2-3 hours.
6. Serve over rice.
Yield: 6-8 servings