4 cups quick-cooking oatmeal
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup flaked coconut
3/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
3/4 cup orange marmalade (I have also used peach and apricot jam with great results)
1. In a mixing bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar and salt.
2. Stir in remaining ingredients and mix well.
3. Press into a greased 15” x 10” x 1” baking pan. Line the pan with foil or parchment paper to ease removal for cutting.
4. Bake at 425º for 15-17 minutes or until golden brown.
5. Cool on a wire rack. Remove bar “slab” with parchment from pan; cut into bars before completely cool.
Yield: about 2 1/2 dozen bars