1/2 cup cooking oil
1/3 cup sugar
10 oz. warm water
2 teaspoons salt
3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup wheat flour
1 cup quick-cooking oatmeal
3 teaspoons yeast
1. Place the first 4 ingredients in the bread machine. Add the flours, oatmeal and yeast.
2. Set the bread machine on the dough cycle.
3. At the end of the dough cycle, divide the dough into 18 equal portions (approximately 2 1/2 oz. each).
4. Work each portion into a ball on a lightly floured surface and flatten into buns, about 3-3 1/2 inches in diameter (a pizza roller works well for this).
5. Place buns on two greased sheet pans. Allow them to rise for 30-45 minutes.
6. Bake at 375º F for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Brush tops with butter (optional) and cool on a wire rack.
Yield: 18 buns