1/4 cup butter
1 tablespoon flour
1/3 cup bittersweet or semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 large egg + 1 large egg yolk
2 tablespoons sugar
1. Heat oven to 450º F. Butter two 6-ounce ramekins or custard cups and dust the inside with flour.
2. Place the butter and chocolate in a glass bowl and microwave on high in 20-second intervals, stirring after each, until melted and smooth.
3. Using an electric mixer, beat the egg, egg yolk and sugar in a medium bowl until thick and lighter in color, about 1 minute.
4. Add the chocolate mixture and flour and beat until fully smooth.
5. Divide the batter between the prepared ramekins. Bake until edges are set and center still jiggles slightly, 8-10 minutes.
6. Let stand for 15 seconds. Run a knife around edge then invert each cake onto a plate.
7. Dust with confectioner’s sugar and serve with fresh mint or berries, if desired. Serve immediately.
Yield: 2 servings (this is a high calorie dessert)
Make-ahead tip: Refrigerate the batter in the ramekins for up to 1 day. Before baking, bring to room temperature.