1/3 cup sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
Zest from 1/2 lemon
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup 2 percent milk
1 egg yolk, beaten
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 egg white
1. In a small bowl, combine all ingredients except the egg white.
2. In another small bowl, beat egg white until stiff peaks form.
3. Gently fold lemon mixture into the beaten egg white.
4. Divide liquid between two ungreased 6-ounce ramekins or custard cups. Place in a shallow baking dish; add 1 inch of hot water to dish.
5. Bake, uncovered, at 350º F for 35-40 minutes.
6. Allow to cool in water bath for 10 minutes before carefully removing cups to a wire rack.
7. Serve warm or refrigerate.
Yield: 2 servings