4 medium red potatoes, thinly sliced (about 1/8 inch thick)
1 small onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1. In a small bowl combine cheese and seasonings.
2. Arrange slices from one potato in a greased 2-quart or 11x7x2-inch baking dish.
3. Top with 1/3 of the onion rings and 1/4 of the cheese mixture (approximately 2 tablespoons).
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 two more times.
5. End with slices from the 4th potato.
6. Drizzle with butter.
7. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese mixture.
8. Bake, uncovered, at 450º F for 25-30 minutes or until the potatoes are golden brown and tender.
Yield: 4-6 servings