3 egg whites
1 cup sugar
3/4 teaspoons cream of tartar
1/2 cup crushed saltine crackers
1/2 cup flaked coconut
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 8-ounce tub of whipped topping
1 quart fresh strawberries, sliced
2 tablespoons sugar for the strawberries
1/2 teaspoon plain gelatin
1. Prepare a 9-inch pie plate by spraying it with nonstick spray.
2. Combine crushed saltines, coconut, and chopped pecans. Set aside.
3. In a mixing bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar and cream of tartar, beating until stiff peaks form. Gently fold in saltine mixture. Spread onto the bottom and up the sides of the pie plate.
4. Bake at 375° degrees for 20-22 minutes, or until lightly browned. Cool completely.
5. Slice strawberries. Add 2 tablespoons sugar and gelatin; stir and let stand for at least 10 minutes.
6. In a mixing bowl, combine whipped topping and strawberries; pour into shell.
7. Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
Yield: 8 servings