1/3 cup butter
1/2 to 3/4 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup + 2 tablespoons milk
3 cups quick-cooking or old-fashioned oatmeal
Optional: nuts, chocolate chips, fresh or frozen fruit
1. With a hand mixer, cream butter, eggs and sugar.
2. Add baking powder, vanilla, cinnamon and salt; mix until well-blended.
3. Stir in the milk.
4. Add oatmeal and stir until all ingredients are combined.
5. Optional—add nuts, chips and/or fruit (or you may garnish with these after baking)
6. Divide mixture among 6 greased ramekins or custard cups.
7. Refrigerate overnight.
8. In the morning, remove from the refrigerator and bring ramekins to room temperature (approx. 30 minutes).
9. Bake at 350º for 35-45 minutes.
10. Serve with milk or half and half.
Yield: 6 servings
Contributor’s note: It works well to refrigerate the leftovers and reheat in the microwave. These individual servings can also be frozen before they are baked. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator. In the morning, bring to room temperature before baking.