4 boneless chicken cutlets, about 4 ounces each
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
Flour for dredging
2 cups spaghetti sauce
4 tablespoons shredded mozzarella cheese
4 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375º F.
2. Lay chicken cutlets between two pieces of plastic wrap. Pound each cutlet with the flat end of a mallet until thin.
3. Heat olive oil in a large, nonstick skillet.
4. While the oil is heating, season the chicken with salt, pepper and oregano; then dredge in flour.
5. Saute the chicken over medium-high heat until golden brown, about 2 minutes on each side.
6. Transfer the chicken to a shallow baking dish.
7. Pour spaghetti sauce over chicken and sprinkle with both cheeses.
8. Bake for 15-20 minutes until the sauce is bubbling and the cheese is melted and lightly golden.
9. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Yield: 4 servings