- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 cup guacamole
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 cup chunky salsa or pico de gallo
- 1 cup shredded cheddar or Mexican blend cheese
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 bunch of green onions, sliced
- 1 (2.25 ounce) can of sliced olives, drained
- 9 ounce plastic tumblers
- tortilla chips
Note: All measurements are approximate. Depending on whether you want thicker or thinner layers you will need more or less.
In a small bowl mix taco seasoning with refried beans.
Here’s how the layers are assembled:
- Layer 1: beans and taco seasoning
- Layer 2: sour cream
- Layer 3: guacamole
- Layer 4: salsa or pico de gallo
- Layer 5: cheese
- Layer 6: tomatoes
- Layer 7: green onions and olives
In each plastic glass, layer about 2 Tablespoons of the beans, followed by 2 Tablespoons of sour cream, 2 Tablespoons of guacamole, 2 Tablespoons of salsa or pico de gallo, and 2 Tablespoons of cheese.
Make sure you drain your salsa or pico to get the excess liquid out before you pour it on. Then top with about 1-2 teaspoons of tomatoes, olives, and green onion (If making ahead of time, wait to add these toppings until shortly before serving).
Garnish with one tortilla chip. Store in the refrigerator until serving and serve with chips.
Yield: Makes around 8 individual dips.