Peanut Butter Sheet Cake
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup water
3/4 cup butter, cubed
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup canola oil
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon vanilla
2/3 cup sugar
2/3 cup evaporated milk
1 tablespoon butter
1/3 cup peanut butter
1/3 cup miniature marshmallows
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt; set aside.
2. In a small saucepan, bring water and butter just to a boil; stir in peanut butter and oil until blended. Add to dry ingredients.
3. Combine the eggs, buttermilk and vanilla; add to peanut butter mixture and mix well.
4. Pour into a greased 15” x 10” x 1” baking pan. Bake at 350º F for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
5. Meanwhile, prepare the glaze. Combine the sugar, butter and milk in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
6. Remove from heat; stir in the peanut butter, marshmallows and vanilla until the marshmallows are melted.
7. Spoon over warm cake and carefully spread over the top. If desired, garnish with chopped peanuts, mini chocolate chips, etc. Cool completely.
Contributor’s note: I would consider this a “fork cake” because the glaze remains sticky. For a firmer coating/frosting, add some powdered sugar to the glaze before spreading.
Yield: 20-24 servings
Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
1 small banana, cut in chunks
3/4 cup low-fat milk
2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
1 tablespoon honey
1/4 cup ice cubes
1. To measure ice cubes, pour the 3/4 cup milk in a liquid measuring cup. Add enough ice cubes to make 1 cup.
2. In a blender, combine all ingredients.
3. Blend until mixture is smooth and frothy.
Yield: 1 serving