April brings the beginning of spring and many family celebrations; these meatballs are the perfect appetizer for any gathering and will surprise tasters with some unexpected ingredients.
2 pounds pre-made frozen meatballs (we used Italian meatballs)
1 can jellied cranberry sauce
1 jar chili sauce
1 can sauerkraut (drained)
1 cup brown sugar
1. In a medium-sized bowl, combine cranberry sauce, chili sauce, sauerkraut and brown sugar.
2. Place meatballs in the bottom of a greased 9”x13” baking pan.
3. Pour sauce over the meatballs.
4. Bake at 350º F for 1 hour.
5. The meatballs can be kept warm in a slow-cooker and served as an appetizer.
10-12 servings (6 meatballs each)
For additional recipes that have atypical ingredients, visit the Nebraska Farm Bureau website.