2 1/4 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 whole egg
1 egg yolk
3/4 cups butter, melted and slightly cooled
1 tablespoon vanilla
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350º F.
2. Place bacon in a single layer on a foil-lined sheet.
3. Sprinkle brown sugar on top of bacon strips. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until crispy, making sure to turn bacon over after 15 minutes.
4. Remove bacon from the oven and place on a wire rack for cooling. Once bacon has cooled chop it finely.
5. Reduce oven temperature to 325º F.
6. Sift flour and baking soda.
7. In a medium bowl, cream butter with the white and brown sugar.
8. Add vanilla, egg and egg yolk. Beat until light and creamy.
9. Add flour mixture and mix well.
10. Add diced candied bacon and chocolate chips. Stir until just combined.
11. Place golf ball sized balls of dough on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
12. Bake for 13-15 minutes or until edges are brown. Remove from oven and let cookies sit on the cookie sheet for a couple of minutes before placing on a wire rack to cool.
Yield: 3 dozen cookies