2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 6 ounces each)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 cup barbecue sauce, divided
1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Gouda cheese
1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
1. Preheat your grill. Oil the grate when ready to grill.
2. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Place on the grill, close the lid and grill over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170º F. Baste frequently with 1/2 cup barbecue sauce. Set chicken aside and keep warm.
3. Divide the dough in half. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion into a 10 inch x 12 inch rectangle.
4. Lightly oil each side of the dough; place on the grill. Cover and grill over medium heat for 1-2 minutes, or until the bottom is lightly browned (do not flip the dough). Remove from the grill.
5. Cut the chicken into 1/2-inch cubes.
6. Spread the grilled side of each pizza with 1/4 cup barbecue sauce; layer with chicken, onion, cheese and cilantro.
7. Return the pizzas to the grill. Cover and cook each pizza for 4-5 minutes or until the bottom is lightly browned and cheese is melted.
Yield: 2 pizzas, 4 pieces each
— Recipe from tasteofhome.com and photo from Lois Linke.