Your new, easy 4th of July favorite!
4 beef hot dogs
4 slices center-cut bacon
4 hot dog buns
3 slices American cheese, cut into strips
Ketchup, Mustard and other toppings
- Pre-heat your clean grill to medium heat.
- Slit hot dogs lengthwise down the middle, but not all the way through. Stuff cheese strips into slit.
- Wrap each hot dog in a strip of bacon. If necessary, use toothpicks to secure bacon (make sure to soak toothpicks in water for 20 minutes before using on grill).
- Grill bacon-wrapped hot dogs until bacon is crisp and fully cooked and hot dogs are heated through, about 7 minutes, rotating the hot dogs several times to evenly cook the bacon. Place buns on the grill on indirect heat in the last few minutes of grilling to warm.
- Remove toothpicks from the hot dogs and place a dog in each bun. Top each hot dog.