2 packages of beef flavored Ramen noodles
1 25-ounce can Hormel chili with or without beans
About 1/2 of a large bag of nacho chips
1/4 cup diced jalapeno peppers or 1, 4-ounce can green chilies
1 tablespoon chili powder
9 thin slices of Velveeta cheese
1. In a medium sauce pan, boil 3 cups of water. Add just the noodles; remove from the heat and let sit until noodles are cooked (about 5 minutes), stirring one time.
2. Drain water, add seasoning packets to the noodles and then set noodles aside.
3. In a small sauce pan or in the microwave, heat chili just until hot. Add peppers and chili powder.
4. Lightly butter a pie pan. Crush nacho chips and spread 1/4 of them in the bottom of the pie dish.
5. Add about 1/3 of the noodles, then 1/3 of the chili, followed by 1/3 of the cheese.
6. Continue layering (chips, noodles, chili, cheese), ending with nacho chips.
7. Bake in a 350º F oven for 10-15 minutes. Serve.
Optional: a dollop of sour cream and salsa may be added.
Yield: 6-8 servings