1. Preheat the oven to 200º F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment or waxed paper; set aside.
2. Pop the popcorn in an air popper or paper bag in the microwave. Pour popped kernels into a large baking pan/roaster. Sprinkle with salt and set in the oven to keep warm.
3. In a medium saucepan, mix sugar and honey. Over medium heat, bring the mixture to a boil. Boil for 3 minutes, stirring as it bubbles. After 3 minutes, remove pan from the stove.
4. Add peanut butter and stir until it melts and the mixture is smooth. Add vanilla.
5. Remove warm popcorn from the oven. Pour peanut butter syrup over the popcorn and mix until all kernels are coated.
6. Add peanuts if desired.
7. Spread coated popcorn on the two lined baking sheets to cool. Once cool, enjoy.
Yield: 4-5 quarts
— Honey Peanut Butter Popcorn recipe from Betty Crocker’s mobile cookbook. Photo by Lois Linke, wife of Karl Linke, Nebraska Farm Bureau district director of member services for the southeast.