The first weekend of college football is just around the corner! Here’s an easy and delicious recipe to try for your next game day celebration:
- 1 (16 ounce) pound of bacon
- 1 (14 ounce) package of little smokie sausages
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet or jelly roll pan with tin foil.
- Using kitchen scissors cut your bacon into thirds. There’s no need to cut each individual piece; cut the whole slab at one time.
- Wrap 1/3 of each bacon slice around a smokie and secure it with a toothpick. After you have wrapped all of the smokies, place them on the baking sheet and sprinkle brown sugar on top of each smokie.
- Bake sausages for 40-45 minutes or until the bacon is crispy and the brown sugar has melted.
- Serve immediately or keep warm in a slow cooker.
YIELD: ~46 smokies
-Recipe courtesy of http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes
Go Big Red!
What are your favorite tailgating recipes?