1 box yellow cake mix
1 small box instant lemon pudding mix
1/2 cup vegetable oil
4 large eggs
1/2 cup milk
8 ounces sour cream
6 tablespoons lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
2 cups powdered sugar
3-4 tablespoons lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
1. Preheat oven to 350º F and spray 2 loaf pans generously with cooking spray.
2. Place all cake ingredients in no particular order into the bowl of an electric mixer.
3. Beat until well combined, about 1 1/2 minutes.
4. Divide cake batter between two prepared loaf pans, spreading evenly.
5. Bake for 45-55 minutes, until golden brown (test with a toothpick).
6. Let cool for 15 minutes before removing loaves from pans.
7. Prepare icing by placing powdered sugar into a medium sized bowl. Drizzle in the lemon juice, stirring until smooth and thick (drizzling consistency).
8. Drizzle icing over cakes and let set for 20 minutes for a firm icing.
Yield: 2 loaves – 12 slices each
Starbuck’s Lemon Pound Cake recipe from keyingredient.com and photo by Lois Linke.