1. Put meat in crockpot. Season with salt and pepper.
2. In a small bowl, combine mushroom soup and onion soup mix. Pour over the meat. Mix to coat meat cubes.
3. Pour Sprite/7-Up over the top.
4. Cook in the crockpot all day on low or on high for at least 4 hours.
5. Check 30 minutes before serving. If it appears that the sauce needs to be thicker, mix 1 tablespoon cornstarch in 1/4 cup cold water. Stir this into the sauce and allow to thicken during the last 30 minutes.
6. Serve with cooked noodles, rice or mashed potatoes.
Yield: 8 servings
Beef Tips in Mushroom Sauce recipe from laaloosh.com and photo by Lois Linke.