1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup flaked coconut
1 tablespoon ground golden flax seed
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
3 tablespoons canola oil
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 300º F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat liner.
2. In a large bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar, coconut, flax, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
3. In a small sauce pan or microwave bowl, heat the oil, honey and vanilla until combined.
4. Slowly pour liquid mixture into the oat mixture and stir until well combined.
5. Spread onto a baking sheet in an even layer and bake for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
6. Allow the granola to cool before storing in an air-tight container.
7. Enjoy as a snack or as a compliment to your favorite yogurt.
Yield: 2 cups
Recipe from bakeyourday.net and photo by Lois Linke.