2 lbs. chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
2 tablespoons taco seasoning
1 cup salsa
1 cup diced canned tomatoes
1 cup finely diced onions
1/2 cup celery, diced fine
1/2 cup carrots, shredded
3 tablespoons sour cream
1. Place the chicken in a slow cooker.
2. Sprinkle the taco seasoning over the meat, then layer the vegetables and salsa on top.
3. Pour 1/2 cup water over the mixture, set on low and cook for 6-8 hours. The meat is cooked when it shreds or reaches an internal temperature of 165º F.
4. When ready to serve, break up the chicken with two forks; then stir in the sour cream.
5. May be served in flour tortillas with lettuce, tomatoes, black olives, cheese and additional sour cream.
Yield: 8 one-cup servings
Salsa Chicken Only
2.5 g fat
7.3 g carbohydrates
27.6 g protein
Sodium not available
Recipe from losingthejigglewiggle.com and photo by Lois Linke.