1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup old fashioned oats
1 (5.3 oz.) carton plain Greek yogurt
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cinamon
About 10 oz. of your favorite jam
1. Mix the yogurt and brown sugar in a medium bowl for 1 minute. Add the egg and vanilla.
2. Stir in the flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon
3. Shape the dough into a ball, cover with plastic wrap and put in the freezer for 30 minutes.
4. Divide the dough in half, but half of the dough back in the freezer.
5. On a lightly floured surface, role or press the dough into a rough 8″x8″ square. Trim of the sides to sharpen the edges if necessary.
6. Spoon some jam onto the square, moisten the edges with water, fold dough in half and press seams to seal them.
7. Repeat with the rest of the dough.
8. With a fork or toothpick, poke a few holes in the top later of the bars for steam to escape.
9. Bake in oven at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
Yield: 8-9 bars
Courtesy: theleangreenbean.com Photo: Lois Linke