1 lb. pasta (penne is suggested; rotini was used in the photo)
1 cup cubed leftover cooked chicken breast
1 cup leftover cooked and cubed ham
1 1/2 cups milk
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons dried minced onion
2 cups Swiss cheese, shredded
Salt and pepper to taste
A pinch of cayenne pepper
1 cup Panko bread crumbs
1/2 cup butter, melted
1. Cook pasta in salted water until al dente (follow package directions). Drain and return to pot.
2. Add chicken and ham. Toss to combine.
3. Preheat the broiler.
4. Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine the milk, cream cheese and minced onion over low-medium heat. Cook, stirring frequently, until is becomes a smooth sauce (about 15 minutes).
5. Stir the milk mixture into the pasta.
6. Add the Swiss cheese. Stir. Season with salt, pepper and cayenne pepper.
7. Transfer the pasta mixture into a baking dish and top with Panko crumbs.
8. Pour melted butter over the crumbs.
9. Broil until golden brown ( approximately 4 minutes).