4 pounds stew meat, cubed
4 cans (10.75 oz.) cream of mushroom soup
4 cans (4 oz.) mushrooms, drained
1 cup apple juice or red wine
2 1-oz packages dry onion soup mix
1. In each of 2, gallon-sized freezer bags combine 2 pounds meat, 2 cans of soup, 2 cans of mushrooms, 1/2 cup apple juice/wine and 1 package of onion soup mix. Zip closed. Store in freezer. (A tip to prevent freezer burn — zip your bag almost closed; insert a straw into the corner and suck all the air out. Pull the straw and finish the seal.)
2. When ready to eat, remove bag from freezer and thaw in refrigerator for 24 hours.
3. Pour contents of the bag into a slow cooker that has been sprayed with nonstick spray.
4. Cook on high for 6 hours or low for 10 hours (cooking on low is best).
5. If a thicker consistency if preferred, thicken with a small amount of flour or cornstarch.
6. Serve over rice, noodles or mashed potatoes.
Yield: 2 meals – 6 servings each.