1 dozen eggs
2-4 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 medium onion, chopped
6 red potatoes, chopped into 1/4 inch cubes
1 pound breakfast sausage
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon butter
Cheddar Cheese, shredded
1. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk the eggs. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
2. Pour oil into a large skillet. Heat to medium-high. Add onion, potatoes, and salt and pepper to taste. Cook until potatoes are tender, approximately 10-12 minutes. Pour potato/onion mixture into a bowl, set aside.
3. Use the same skillet to brown the sausage. Once the sausage is done, drain the grease. Reduce the heat to low and mix in the cream cheese. Once the cream cheese is well combined with the sausage, pour the mixture into a bowl. Set aside.
4. Clean the skillet. Melt butter into the skillet over medium heat. Add eggs and scramble. Transfer eggs to another bowl.
5. Place a flour tortilla on your work surface. Place a scant 1/4 cup of cheddar cheese in the middle of the tortilla. Follow with meat, potatoes and eggs.
6. Fold the tortilla burrito style. Be sure all the contents are tucked inside.
7. Wrap burritos and place them in gallon size freezer bags. Freeze.
8. Before eating burritos, defrost them in the refrigerator. Microwave them for 1 minute.
9. Serve with salsa.
Yield: 20 burritos