2 cups whole raw almonds
1 tablespoon melted butter
3 tablespoons brown sugar
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
¾ teaspoon chili powder
½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
½ teaspoon chipotle powder, optional
1 ½ tablespoon maple syrup
1 teaspoon salt
1. Place the almonds on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake at 350º for 5 minutes. Stir the almonds and bake for another 5 minutes.
2. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and allow the almonds to cool slightly. Meanwhile, in a medium sized bowl, mix together the remaining ingredients.
3. Add the warm almonds to the bowl and toss until evenly coated.
4. Return the almonds to the parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 12-18 minutes until they are perfectly toasted, stirring them several times during the baking time to make sure they are not clumping together.
5. Allow them to cool on the pan for at least 10 minutes before serving, stirring them several times as they cool to keep the nuts separated.
6. When completely cool, the almonds can be stored in an airtight container for a week or so.
Yield: 2 Cups