1 10-inch unbaked pie crust or 1 ready-made crust
8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
2/3 cup sugar
½ cup half-and-half
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 teaspoons vanilla
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
1 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
Whipped cream, whipped topping, or ice cream for garnish
1. Place the rolled pie crust in a 10-inch tart pan or large pie dish (a 9-inch pie dish is too small). Prick the crust with a fork. Bake at 450º for 10-15 minutes.
2. Reduce the oven temperature to 350º.
3. Meanwhile, carefully microwave the chocolate until melted. Stir the chocolate until smooth. Set aside.
4. In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs with the sugar until lemon-colored.
5. Beat in the half-and-half, butter, vanilla, and salt. Add the melted chocolate and mix until smooth. Stir in the nuts.
6. Pour batter into the prepared crust. Bake 40-45 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean when inserted into the center of the pie.
7. Serve the pie at room temperature with whipped topping or ice cream.
Yield: 12 Servings