1 package lasagna noodles (12)
1 pound ground beef
½ onion, chopped
15 oz. ricotta
3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 large egg
5 oz. package of fresh spinach
24 oz. can/jar marinara sauce
1 tablespoon oregano
salt and pepper to taste
1. Boil water in large pot. Cook lasagna noodles following directions on box. When finished cooking, drain and set aside.
2. Heat tablespoon of oil in a large skillet on medium heat. Brown the ground beef and onion together. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Turn down heat and add spinach, stirring until spinach is just wilted, about 2 minutes.
4. In large bowl, combine ricotta, 1 cup of mozzarella, Parmesan cheese, egg, oregano, salt and pepper. Mix until well combined.
5. Add meat mixture to cheese mixture. Stir to combine.
6. Preheat oven to 350º. Prepare a glass 9”x13” casserole dish by adding a thin layer of marinara sauce to the bottom.
7. On clean surface, lay out a few noodles at a time. Place about ¼ cup of filling on each noodle. Spread filling to cover the noodles from edge to edge. Roll the noodles up and place in the prepared casserole dish, seam side down. Repeat until all of filling is gone.
8. Pour remaining marinara sauce over the rolled noodles making sure to cover.
9. Cover dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
10. Remove foil and sprinkle remaining 2 cups of mozzarella cheese on top.
11. Return casserole to the oven until cheese is melted, about 5-10 minutes.
Serve immediately | Yield: 8-12 servings