1 lb. breakfast sausage (no sugar added)
1 medium sweet potato
4 oz. button mushrooms, quartered
½ yellow onion, coarsely chopped (approx. ½ cup)
2 tablespoons maple syrup
5-6 slices of bacon
1 garlic clove, minced
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375º.
2. Fry/cook bacon until crisp. Drain, cool, and crumble.
3. Place sweet potato in food processor with shredding attachment. Shred. Remove sweet potato shreds. Replace shredding attachment with chopping blade.
4. Place shredded sweet potatoes, onion, mushrooms, and minced garlic in food processor and chop together. You want the sweet potatoes fairly fine.
5. In large bowl, combine sausage with all other ingredients.
6. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Using an ice cream scoop for uniformity, scoop out meat mixture and roll into balls using your hands. Place meatballs on baking sheet.
7. Bake for 30-35 minutes until meatballs are golden brown and completely cooked through.
8. Serve immediately with favorite breakfast accompaniments.