1. Wash peppers; cut off stems.
2. Slice peppers into 1/8-inch rings and place them in quart jar (with a lid).
3. Peel garlic clove and place it in jar with pepper rings; set aside.
4. In small saucepan, mix vinegar, salt, and turmeric; slowly heat to near boiling.
5. Pour hot brine over peppers in jar.
6. Allow mixture to cool slightly seal with lid, and store in refrigerator.
7. Let peppers marinate for several days before using them.
Note: With refrigeration, the peppers will keep for several months.
Yield: 1 Pint of Pepper Slices