2 whole red peppers or equivalent canned roasted red peppers, diced
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 small onion, diced
1 cup chicken broth
1/3 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 cup milk
1/4 cup Greek yogurt
1 lb. medium shell pasta
2 cups shredded 6-cheese blend of Italian cheese, divided
1. If using fresh red peppers, roast in oven as follows: preheat oven to 500º, place red peppers on baking sheet, and bake 20-30 minutes or until peppers are charred. Remove from heat and cover with foil. Let rest 10 minutes. Uncover peppers, peel off skin, remove seeds and dice.
2. Meanwhile, prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain.
3. Heat oil in oven-proof skillet. Saute chicken, onion, and garlic in oil until chicken is cooked. Remove skillet from heat.
4. In saucepan, whisk together broth and flour until all lumps are gone. Add milk and yogurt and whisk until smooth. Heat until thickened, stirring constantly. Stir in salt and pepper. Add 1 cup of shredded cheese. Stir until melted.
5. Add diced red peppers to sauce and puree with immersion blender or food processor until nearly smooth. There will be some small chunks of pepper remaining.
6. In skillet, combine chicken, sauce, and pasta. Sprinkle remaining cheese over top. Broil on high 3-5 minutes or until cheese is golden brown.
Yield: 8 Servings