2 teaspoons vegetable oil
8-10 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast
1 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon flour
1 cup chicken broth
½ cup evaporated milk or half & half
2 oz. softened cream cheese
1 ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
salt and pepper to taste
8 oz. (dry weight) hot cooked fettuccine
chopped parsley for garnish
1. Cook fettuccine according to package directions.
2. Cut chicken breast into thin strips or bite-sized pieces. Heat oil in medium skillet. Cook chicken pieces just until juices run clear. Remove chicken from pan.
3. Add mushrooms and garlic to skillet; cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring frequently.
4. Sprinkle flour over the mushrooms, stirring quickly. Stir in broth and milk/half & half. Reduce heat and simmer 3 minutes until mixture thickens, stirring constantly.
5. Add cheeses, salt, and pepper. Stir until cheeses are melted.
6. Return chicken to skillet; cook until chicken warms up, stirring as needed.
7. Divide fettuccine among 4 pasta bowls. Top with meat sauce. Garnish with parsley.