6 tablespoons butter
4 medium apples, peeled and diced
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ cup light brown sugar
1 can Pillsbury Grands Flaky Biscuits, 8 count
½ cup half and half
1 egg yolk
2 tablespoons brown sugar
½ teaspoon cinnamon
½ cup salted caramel sauce (or plain caramel sauce)
1 cup powdered sugar
2-3 tablespoons half and half
1. Preheat oven to 350º.
2. Melt butter in 12 inch cast iron skillet (or other oven-proof skillet) over medium heat. Once melted, add apples, cinnamon, and brown sugar. Stir to combine and let cook for 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, cut each biscuit round into 8 piece. With heat off the skillet, place biscuit pieces into skillet and gently stir into apple mixture.
4. In medium measuring cup, whisk together half and half, egg yolk, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Drizzle over biscuit mixture. Press biscuits into cream mixture evenly.
5. Bake for 30 minutes, until set.
6. While the dessert bakes, place powdered sugar into a small mixing bowl and whisk with half and half until creamy and drizzling consistency.
7. Remove skillet from oven and drizzle with caramel sauce followed by the powdered sugar mixture.
8. Serve warm.