1 ¼ cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon orange zest
½ cup plus 2 tablespoons pecans, toasted and chopped
¾ cups sweetened flaked coconut, divided
2 very ripe bananas, mashed
½ cup butter, melted
2/3 cups sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Put oven rack in middle position and preheat to 375º.
Line muffin cups with paper liners.
2. Whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, orange zest, ½ cup pecans, and ½ cup coconut in medium bowl.
3. In another bowl, whisk together bananas, butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla until combined well.
4. Fold flour mixture into banana mixture until flour is just moistened.
5. Divide batter among lined muffin cups (Use a ¼-cup ice cream scoop). Sprinkle muffins with remaining ¼ cup coconut plus 2 tablespoons of chopped pecans.
6. Bake for about 25 minutes or until muffins are puffed and golden.
7. Transfer muffins to a rack to cool.