¼ cup butter, melted
¼ cup sugar
8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup pumpkin puree
2 teaspoons vanilla
½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
Three 8-oz. containers of whipped topping, divided
1. In medium bowl, finely crush 32 ginger snaps.
2. Mix in melted butter and sugar. Press into spring-form pan.
3. Bake at 325º for 5 minutes.
4. In large bowl, beat softened cream cheese until light and fluffy.
5. Add powdered sugar, pumpkin, vanilla, and pumpkin pie spice.
6. Beat until smooth.
7. Fold in 2 containers of whipped topping and spread over crust in spring-form pan.
8. Cover pan with plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator for several hours or overnight to allow dessert to set.
9. When ready to serve, remove the spring-form pan ring and top dessert with additional whipped topping. Sprinkle with a little pumpkin pie spice.
Yield: 8 Servings
Photo by Lois Linke