1 cup softened butter or margarine
1 cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoons maraschino cherry juice
½ teaspoon almond extract
3 drops red food coloring
2 ¼ cups flour
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup chopped and drained maraschino cherries
1 package Hershey’s kisses
- In a large mixing bowl, combine butter, sugar, cherry juice, almond extract, food coloring.
- Stir in the flour and salt until blended.
- Add the chopped cherries.
- Chill the dough for at least 1 hour before baking.
- Preheat the oven to 350º.
- Form dough into 1-inch balls. Place dough balls 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes. You don’t want them to brown. Remove from the oven and gently push a kiss into the center of each cookie.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Yield: 2-3 dozen cookies