1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup sugar
½ cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons coconut extract
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 ½ cups quick cook oatmeal
1 cup shredded coconut
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 ½ cups cashews, chopped
- Preaheat oven to 350º.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine softened butter with brown sugar and granulated sugar. Beat on medium speed until well combined.
- Add eggs, coconut extract, and vanilla. Beat until well incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, quick oats, salt, and baking soda. Stir to combine and slowly add into the batter, mixing on low speed until dough starts to form.
- Add shredded coconut, chopped cashews, and white chocolate chips. Mix until incorporated.
- For each cookie, spoon 3 tablespoons of dough onto a lined baking sheet (these are large cookies).
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until cookies start to turn light brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10-15 minutes before moving onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Yield: 2 dozen large cookies