½ cup flour
½ cup packed brown sugar
¾ teaspoon cinnamon
4 tablespoons butter, melted
½ cup sugar
6 tablespoons butter, room temperature
¼ cup sour cream
¼ cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 ¼ teaspoon baking powder
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 ¼ cups blueberries
¾ cup powdered sugar
1-2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350º. Prepare a 9-inch cake pan or springform pan with a circle of parchment paper in the bottom and grease the sides.
- Combine streusel ingredients in a small bowl. Mix with a fork until well-blended. Set aside.
- To make the cake batter, beat sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add sour cream and milk and mix until well incorporated. Add egg and vanilla extract and mix until smooth.
- Combine flour and baking powder in a separate bowl. Add dry ingredients to batter and mix until smooth.
- Spread half of the cake batter into the bottom of the cake pan. Top with about half of the streusel mixture, then half of the blueberries.
- Spread remaining batter over streusel. Sprinkle remaining streusel and blueberries over the top of the cake batter.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out with a few crumbs.
- Remove cake from oven and allow to cool in the pan for about 20 minutes. Then remove to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
- To make glaze, combine powdered sugar and milk in a small bowl. Mix until smooth. Drizzle the glaze over the coffee cake.
NOTE: Frozen blueberries may be used, but baking time must be lengthened.
Yield: 8 servings