1 purchased or homemade pie crust
8 oz. sliced mushrooms, sliced
2 tablespoons oil
½ pound asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces
6 large eggs
¾ cup table cream
4 green onions, sliced
1 roasted red pepper, sliced
1 ½ cup white cheese, shredded
6 strips smoky bacon, cooked and cut into bite-sized pieces
salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- Spray a removable bottom tart pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium skillet, saute mushrooms in oil until golden. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Set aside to cool.
- Place asparagus pieces in a microwave-safe dish. Add a small amount of water. Microwave for 3 minutes. Drain, season lightly with salt and pepper, and cool.
- Roll out pie crust; press into the tart pan.
- In a large bowl, lightly beat the eggs. Add the cream and stir to combine.
- Add all other ingredients and gently fold them in. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pie shell.
- Set the pan on a cookie sheet; bake 50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan 15 minutes before removing the tart pan sides.
Yield: 8 servings