2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons butter
1. In a medium bowl, beat the eggs using a hand mixer. Add the sugar and vanilla; mix well.
2. In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
3. Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture. Beat until just combined.
4. In a small saucepan (or microwave), heat the milk and butter until very hot but not boiling.
5. Slowly pour the milk into the cake batter and stir until thoroughly combined (batter should be smooth, yet thin).
6. Pour the batter into a greased and floured 9”x13” cake pan. Bake at 350º for 30-35 minutes.
7. Frost as desired.
Yield: 12 servings