2 large eggs
¾ cup milk
1 cup dry bread crumbs
½ cup finely chopped onion
2 teaspoons salt
2 pounds ground beef
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon butter
¾ cup ketchup
½ cup honey
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1. In a large bowl, combine eggs, and milk. Add the bread crumbs, onion, and salt.
2. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
3. Shape into 1-inch balls. Place the meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 400º for 12-15 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
4. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute garlic in butter until tender, but not brown. Stir in the ketchup, honey, and soy sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Add meatballs to the sauce. Carefully stir to evenly coat. Cook for 5-10 minutes.
6. Serve as appetizers or as a mealtime meat dish.
Yield: 5-4 dozen, depending on meatball size