½ cup butter, softened
½ cup creamy peanut butter
½ cup sugar
½ cup packed light brown sugar
1 large egg
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter, peanut butter and sugars until blended. Beat in egg and vanilla.
2. In a small bowl, whisk flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Refrigerate the dough, covered for1 hour or until easy to handle.
3. Preheat oven to 325°. Shape into 1-inch balls. Place dough balls in greased mini-muffin cups.
4. Bake 14-16 minutes or until light brown. Remove from the oven and immediately press a 1/2-in.-deep indentation in center of each cookie with the end of a wooden spoon handle or a mini-tart shaper.
5. Cool the tarts in the pan for 5 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
6. For the filling, in a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth.
7. Whisk in sweetened condensed milk and vanilla until smooth.
8. Fill each cookie with filling. Sprinkle with peanuts. (If desired, refrigerate remaining filling; serve warm with ice cream.)
Yield: 3-4 dozen