½ cup smoked almonds
½ cup dry bread crumbs
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
¼ teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
4 boneless pork loin chops (1 inch thick, approx. 6 oz. each)
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons butter
½ cup mayonnaise
¼ cup honey
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1. In a food processor, process the almonds until finely chopped. Transfer to a shallow bowl; add bread crumbs and combine.
2. In another shallow bowl, beat eggs.
3. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour, salt, and pepper. Add pork chops, one at a time, and shake to coat. Dip in eggs, then coat with almond mixture.
4. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chops in oil and butter for 5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.
5. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, honey, and mustard. Serve with pork chops.
Yield: 4 servings