Looking for a fun, easy recipe to fulfill your week? This recipe by Crew Member, Sam Steward, is a quick and delicious version of Shepard’s Pie. Try it tonight!
1 pound of hamburger
1 can of corn
1 can of cream of celery
3 cups of cheese
1 ½ cups onion
3 large potatoes
½ a stick of butter
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and grease an 8×13 pan.
- Start by peeling and quarter the potatoes in a medium sized pot and boil until tender.
- While the potatoes are boiling, begin chopping 1 ½ cup of onion. Then in a medium sauce pan, melt ¼ stick of butter and start cooking the chopped onion until tender.
- Halfway through cooking the onions, add the can of corn and continue cooking until tender.
- Once the onion and corn are cooked until tender, add the 1 pound of hamburger and cook until brown.
- Salt and pepper the corn, onion and hamburger mixture to taste.
- Add the can of cream of celery to the corn, onion, and hamburger mixture.
- Once potatoes are cooked, you can start mashing them.
- In the greased, 8×13 pan, layer the hamburger mixture on the bottom. Then you can layer the mashed potatoes over top the hamburger mixture.
- Sprinkle the three cups of cheese over top and cover with foil.
- Place in oven and bake on 400 degrees for 45 minutes.
- To get browning of the cheese, broil for 5 minutes.