1 cup softened butter
1 ½ cups white sugar
1 ½ cups brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
4 ½ cups flour
2 teaspoons soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 pkg. semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 cups sweetened coconut
2 cups chopped almonds
- Pre-heat oven to 375º. Lightly grease cookie sheets or line sheet pans with silicone mats.
- Combine flour, soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugars. Add eggs one at a time. Add vanilla.
- Gradually stir in the dry ingredients until well mixed.
- At this point, you may need to transfer the dough to a very large mixing bowl. Stir in the chips, coconut, and almonds until these goodies are well distributed.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons (or use a small ice cream scoop) onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 12-13 minutes. Cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
Yield: 6-7 dozen