Heat cooking oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add the sliced kielbasa and cook until it starts to crisp up on each side. Remove from the skillet onto a paper towel-lined plate. Drain the extra grease from the skillet.
Return the skillet to the stove. Add the onions and wine/broth, letting it bubble and loosen the brown bits from the bottom of the skillet. Add the thyme and stir until the liquid is almost evaporated.
Add the butter. Once it is melted, add the half and half and mustard. Bring it to a simmer and let it thicken a little before adding the Parmesan cheese. Stir until the cheese is melted and the mixture coats the back of a spoon.
Add the cooked pasta to the sauce and stir to coat the pasta.
To serve, either mix the kielbasa into the pasta or top each serving of pasta with some sausage
1 small onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
4 tablespoons butter
1 cup long grain rice
2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
1 ½ cups shredded zucchini
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
½ cup grated parmesan cheese
½ teaspoon salt
1. Over a medium-high heat in a medium saucepan, sauté onions and minced garlic in 2 tablespoons of butter until onions are translucent (about 2 minutes).
2. Add rice, stirring continuously until slightly toasted.
3. Pour in broth and bring to a boil. Cover, and turn down heat to low. Simmer for 15-20 minutes until liquid is absorbed.
4. Stir in shredded zucchini, cheeses, and salt. Stir until well combined and cheeses are melted.
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
8-10 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast
1 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon flour
1 cup chicken broth
½ cup evaporated milk or half & half
2 oz. softened cream cheese
1 ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
salt and pepper to taste
8 oz. (dry weight) hot cooked fettuccine
chopped parsley for garnish
1. Cook fettuccine according to package directions.
2. Cut chicken breast into thin strips or bite-sized pieces. Heat oil in medium skillet. Cook chicken pieces just until juices run clear. Remove chicken from pan.
3. Add mushrooms and garlic to skillet; cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring frequently.
4. Sprinkle flour over the mushrooms, stirring quickly. Stir in broth and milk/half & half. Reduce heat and simmer 3 minutes until mixture thickens, stirring constantly.
5. Add cheeses, salt, and pepper. Stir until cheeses are melted.
6. Return chicken to skillet; cook until chicken warms up, stirring as needed.
7. Divide fettuccine among 4 pasta bowls. Top with meat sauce. Garnish with parsley.
2 whole red peppers or equivalent canned roasted red peppers, diced
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 small onion, diced
1 cup chicken broth
1/3 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 cup milk
1/4 cup Greek yogurt
1 lb. medium shell pasta
2 cups shredded 6-cheese blend of Italian cheese, divided
1. If using fresh red peppers, roast in oven as follows: preheat oven to 500º, place red peppers on baking sheet, and bake 20-30 minutes or until peppers are charred. Remove from heat and cover with foil. Let rest 10 minutes. Uncover peppers, peel off skin, remove seeds and dice.
2. Meanwhile, prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain.
3. Heat oil in oven-proof skillet. Saute chicken, onion, and garlic in oil until chicken is cooked. Remove skillet from heat.
4. In saucepan, whisk together broth and flour until all lumps are gone. Add milk and yogurt and whisk until smooth. Heat until thickened, stirring constantly. Stir in salt and pepper. Add 1 cup of shredded cheese. Stir until melted.
5. Add diced red peppers to sauce and puree with immersion blender or food processor until nearly smooth. There will be some small chunks of pepper remaining.
6. In skillet, combine chicken, sauce, and pasta. Sprinkle remaining cheese over top. Broil on high 3-5 minutes or until cheese is golden brown.
1 Can Mexican Corn
1 Can Black Beans
I Can Chopped Tomatoes
4 Boneless & Skinless Chicken Breasts
1/2 Can of Chicken Broth
1 tsp. Garlic Powder
1 tsp. Onion Powder
1 tsp. Cumin
Mozzarella Cheese (optional)
1. In crockpot mix Mexican corn, black beans and chopped tomatoes.
2. Top with skinless chicken breasts.
3. Add chicken broth, garlic powder, onion powder and cumin.
4. Cook on low 8 hours
5. Shred chicken before serving and mix well.
6. Place in tortilla.
6. Serve with salsa and mozzarella cheese. (optional)