2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp baking soda
½ cup sour cream
½ cup buttermilk
2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 cup sugar
½ cup unsalted butter, room temp.
1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons poppy seeds
1 teaspoon melted butter
1 cup+ powdered sugar
4 teaspoons lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 350º. Line muffin tins with paper liners.
2. Whisk flour, baking powder, ½ teaspoon salt, and baking soda in medium bowl.
3. In a small bowl, whisk sour cream, buttermilk, and lemon juice.
4. Using electric mixer, beat sugar, butter, lemon zest in a large bowl to blend. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition until mixture is light and fluffy.
5. Beat in dry ingredients in 3 additions alternately with sour cream mixture (2 additions). Mix just until blended.
6. Stir in poppy seeds.
7. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
8. Bake until tester inserted in center comes out clean, 20-25 minutes. Cool in pans 5 minutes. Remove from pans and cool on rack.
9. Mix together melted butter, lemon juice, and enough powdered sugar to make a glaze. Drizzle over tops of warm muffins.
Yield: 48 mini muffins, 18 regular muffins, 12 large muffins.