¾-1 lb. chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
3 tablespoons cooking oil
1 15-oz. jar Alfredo sauce or make a white sauce using 2 tablespoons butter, 3 tablespoons flour, 15 oz. milk, and salt to taste. If using a white sauce, add ¼ cup Parmesan cheese to the sauce.
½ bottle (approx. 6 oz.) buffalo sauce
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Cook noodles until al dente; drain.
Preheat oven to 350º.
While pasta is cooking, heat oil in a skillet. Season chicken pieces with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning. Cook in oil until no pink remains.
Prepare white sauce if not using Alfredo sauce. In a 2-cup glass measuring cup, melt butter in the microwave. Stir in the flour and salt. Add milk and stir. Cook in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until the sauce thickens and boils. Stir in the Parmesan cheese.
Add the chicken, white sauce, buffalo sauce, and ½ cup mozzarella cheese to the pasta. Stir to combine. Pour into a 9”x9” baking dish. Sprinkle remaining mozzarella cheese over the top.
Note: Directions are for using a mixer with a dough hook, but this bread can be easily be made by hand.
In a large mixer bowl, combine 1 ¼ cups bread flour, yeast, and salt; blend well.
Heat 1 cup water, molasses, vegetable oil, and oatmeal until warm (120-130º).
Add the liquid mixture to the flour mixture. Using the mixing paddle, blend at a low speed until moistened, then beat 3 minutes at medium speed. Add whole wheat flour and nuts. Mix to combine.
Change to the dough hook. Add enough remaining bread flour to make a firm dough. Knead for 3 minutes.
Turn onto a lightly floured board. Work the dough into a ball with a smooth surface. Place in a lightly oiled bowl and turn to oil the top. Cover; let rise in a warm place until double (30 minutes-1hour).
Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface; punch down to remove air bubbles. Shape into a round loaf. Place on a greased cookie sheet. Cover; let rise in a warm place until doubled (approximately 1 hour).
Combine egg and 1 tablespoon of water; brush the top of the loaf. Optional—you may sprinkle with oatmeal.
Bake in a preheated 375º oven for 30-40 minutes. Remove from cookie sheet and place on a cooling rack.
½ cup butter, softened
½ cup creamy peanut butter
½ cup sugar
½ cup packed light brown sugar
1 large egg
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt FUDGE FILLING:
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Chopped peanuts Directions
1. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter, peanut butter and sugars until blended. Beat in egg and vanilla.
2. In a small bowl, whisk flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Refrigerate the dough, covered for1 hour or until easy to handle.
3. Preheat oven to 325°. Shape into 1-inch balls. Place dough balls in greased mini-muffin cups.
4. Bake 14-16 minutes or until light brown. Remove from the oven and immediately press a 1/2-in.-deep indentation in center of each cookie with the end of a wooden spoon handle or a mini-tart shaper.
5. Cool the tarts in the pan for 5 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
6. For the filling, in a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth.
7. Whisk in sweetened condensed milk and vanilla until smooth.
8. Fill each cookie with filling. Sprinkle with peanuts. (If desired, refrigerate remaining filling; serve warm with ice cream.)
2 large eggs
¾ cup milk
1 cup dry bread crumbs
½ cup finely chopped onion
2 teaspoons salt
2 pounds ground beef
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon butter
¾ cup ketchup
½ cup honey
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1. In a large bowl, combine eggs, and milk. Add the bread crumbs, onion, and salt.
2. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
3. Shape into 1-inch balls. Place the meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 400º for 12-15 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
4. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute garlic in butter until tender, but not brown. Stir in the ketchup, honey, and soy sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Add meatballs to the sauce. Carefully stir to evenly coat. Cook for 5-10 minutes.
6. Serve as appetizers or as a mealtime meat dish.
Yield: 5-4 dozen, depending on meatball size
1 small onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
4 tablespoons butter
1 cup long grain rice
2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
1 ½ cups shredded zucchini
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
½ cup grated parmesan cheese
½ teaspoon salt
1. Over a medium-high heat in a medium saucepan, sauté onions and minced garlic in 2 tablespoons of butter until onions are translucent (about 2 minutes).
2. Add rice, stirring continuously until slightly toasted.
3. Pour in broth and bring to a boil. Cover, and turn down heat to low. Simmer for 15-20 minutes until liquid is absorbed.
4. Stir in shredded zucchini, cheeses, and salt. Stir until well combined and cheeses are melted.
¾ cup sugar
3 tablespoons cornstarch
¼ teaspoon cinnamon, optional
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 cup water
4 cups (2 pints) raspberries WHIRLIGIGS
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons shortening
1 egg, lightly beaten
2 tablespoons half-and-half
¼ cup sugar
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1. Preheat oven to 400º.
2. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, optional cinnamon, salt, and water until smooth. Bring to a boil, cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
3. Place berries in an ungreased shallow 1 ½-quart baking dish. Pour hot sauce over top. Bake for 10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, for whirligigs, combine the dry ingredients in a bowl; cut in shortening until crumbly.
5. Combine egg and cream; stir into dry ingredients to form a stiff dough.
6. On a lightly floured board, gently work the dough into a ball. Roll into a 12 in. x 6 in. rectangle.
7. Combine the sugar, butter, and lemon zest; spread over the dough. Roll up the dough, jelly roll style, starting at a long side.
8. Cut the roll into 10 pieces; pat each piece slightly to flatten. Place over the hot berry mixture.
9. Bake for 15 minutes or until whirligigs are golden brown.