½ cup smoked almonds
½ cup dry bread crumbs
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
¼ teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
4 boneless pork loin chops (1 inch thick, approx. 6 oz. each)
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons butter
½ cup mayonnaise
¼ cup honey
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1. In a food processor, process the almonds until finely chopped. Transfer to a shallow bowl; add bread crumbs and combine.
2. In another shallow bowl, beat eggs.
3. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour, salt, and pepper. Add pork chops, one at a time, and shake to coat. Dip in eggs, then coat with almond mixture.
4. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chops in oil and butter for 5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.
5. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, honey, and mustard. Serve with pork chops.
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken; cook 8-10 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
In a small bowl, whisk wter, brown sugar, orange juice, soy sauce, ketchup, vinegar, garlic, pepper flakes, and five-spice powder. Pour over chicken. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until chicken is tender, turning chicken occasionally.
In another small bowl, mix cornstarch and cold water until smooth. Temporarily remove chicken from skillet. Pour cornstarch water into the skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1 minute or until sauce is thickened. Return chicken to the skillet; turn thighs to coat with sauce.
Our celebration of National Noodle Month continues with this great recipe using smoked sausage!
1 tbsp olive oil
1 lb smoked sausage
1.5 cups diced onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1 (10 oz) can Ro-Tel tomatoes and green chiles, Mild
1/2 cup heavy cream
8 oz penne pasta
1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper, each
1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
1/3 cup thinly sliced scallions
1. Add olive oil to an oven-safe skillet over medium high heat until just smoking. Add sausage and onions and cook until lightly browned, about 4 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
2. Add broth, tomatoes, cream, pasta, salt and pepper and stir. Bring to a boil, cover skillet, and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer until pasta is tender, about 15 minutes.
3. Remove skillet from heat and stir in 1/2 cup cheese. Top with remaining cheese and sprinkle with scallions. Broil until cheese is melted, spotty brown, and bubbly.